Turbo-Locator :: Embedded x86 16bit Code Relocator
Relocates compiled 16bit x86 code (realmode / "DOS"
/ Borland) and
creates executable EPROM, FLASH or RAM download images for x86
compatible CPU's. A replacement for Paradigm™ Locator and more.
Supports regular output of Turbo Pascal,
Borland C++, Turbo C++ &
TASM (16bit compilers)
No need for extra BIOS, DOS or other OS on embedded x86 systems. A
reset vector, startup DOS stub code, a basic system
library and the real-time multitasking (threads) scheduler TurboTASK are included -
both C/C++ and Pascal. A RAM/FLASH Download Tool for some
CPU's enables a fast development cycle.
€49.90 / US$49.90
| Tools run on DOS, Windows™ 95,98,NT,2000,3000,XP
This 16bit Code Relocator supports all Intel x86 compatible CPUs and
micro-controllers. For example:
EX486, NEC V25, NEC V40, NEC V50, AMD SC400, AMD SC520, Am186, Am188, AmX86, 386, 485, 586.
Typical use cases:
- Developing ROM/Flash images for raw x86 embedded systems. (Replacement for Paradigm Locator.)
- Industrial PC development. Direct execution from Flash Disk without
loading the program into RAM.
x86 BIOS Development. Diskless ROM PC applications without operating
- Relocates compiled 16bit x86 code (realmode / "DOS") and
creates directly executable EPROM, FLASH or RAM download images for x86
- Supports the following 16bit compilers: Turbo C/C++ / Borland C++ (versions 1.0 .. 5.x), Borland/Turbo
Pascal 5, 6 & 7 and Turbo Assembler (TASM), Digital Mars C++ with 16bit
- The only system for re-locating Pascal Code, which has been proven
to yield much more disciplined and robust software code in comparison
to C/C++ - especially for less experienced programmers.
- Relocates compiled EXE code to arbitrary code & data locations
- Supports DOS/BIOS based systems or flat x86 systems without any BIOS or OS
- Option for including a stub C/C++/Pascal startup code to not require an extra
BIOS, DOS or other
- Option for inserting a x86 processor reset vector
- Supports correct heap/malloc relocation and full floating point emulation
- Includes a special startup code for C/C++ to remove any need for DOS;
source code (ASM/TASM) included
- Includes the task scheduler TurboTASK for easy real-time multi-threaded
execution of 16bit (DOS) compiled code
- Includes a system library for common operations on embedded systems.
- Includes a "file-system" library for storing structured
(object-oriented) data or flat data permanently in buffered SRAM & Flash
- Includes a pre-written special system library for some common hardware: PC
compatible UART, PC compatible Timers, special hardware on NEC V25 / AMD SC400. Other special hardware has to be
programmed directly (or to be used over an existing DOS)
- The bare commandline locator EXELOC.EXE is executable on 16bit DOS. (GUI
requires Windows 95 or higher).
- Separate target addresses for Code/Fixed/Initialization & variable Data
- A prepared RAM/FLASH Download Tool for some CPU's enables a fast
- Protected Mode code can be set up within your own code
The price for this software is €49.90 / US$. (
Turbo-Locator Demo Download:
Turbo-Locator DEMO ::
- Relocatable code size limited to 8kb
- Certain source codes missing (startup/stub code, drivers, ...)
HOW TO get 16bit Borland Compilers:
Order the free TurboLocator & Embedded x86 Newsletter to be informed about future updates, improvements, tips &
tricks. Your data is not used for other purposes.
Contact / Feature Request
Contact us about your questions or feature requests regarding TurboLocator by
using this form:
Purchasing the Turbo-Locator full version package includes:
- A license key and the full version of the TurboLocator Software (Command line
tools and GUI frontend)
- Free software updates within major release 6
- Free email support
The price for TurboLocator is EUR 49.90 / US$49.90
1. Buy through PayPal ::
2. Buy through ShareIT (Element5) :: (Credit card / bank transfer / check / cash /
Digital delivery through email immediately after payment.
- This Locator is used since more than 10 years in critical projects of many
- Xellsoft and its hardware partner company uses the locator in own projects
- The core locator stands extensive automated tests
- The architecture of TurboLocator is unitized: Core locator (16bit DOS
GUI front end. A clean internal interface enforces an extremely robust locator core.
The locator core itself did not change since more than 5 years
- GUI: Windows 95 or higher
- Command line only: DOS or Windows 95 or higher
- 16Mhz processor or faster
- 16MB RAM
- 3MB free disk space
- 640 x 480 display
" Does Turbo-Locator locate my software for execution in read-only EPROM or FLASH
- Your code just has to fulfill the condition, that it must not overwrite code
in CODE segments segments.
is usually fulfilled for your program, in case you don't know what this means.)
" What is the most simple example for an Edit-Compile-Run cycle? (EPROM)"
- Install TurboLocator
- Switch on the creation of "MAP" files on in your C/C++/Pascal
- Compile your code (key F9) to EXAMPLE.EXE
- Run command line EXELOC /C:F000 /D:0040 /HEX
EXAMPLE on your exe-file in order to locate code and
fixed/initial data to 0xF0000..0xFFFFF (64k), variable data segments to
0x00400 (above interrupt vectors)
- Take the produced .HEX or .BIN code file and transfer it to your EPROM
- (In rare cases, only when your system doesn't boot with basic RAM
access initialized, you have to add a small memory initialization code to
the regular startup code C0.ASM / C0[smcl].OBJ coming with TurboLocator;
you also can order special startup code here:
" Is my special x86 compatible processor XY supported ? "
- Yes. As long as the processor is compatible to Intel x86/88 standards, it is
supported. Of course you are yourself responsible for programming special
hardware on microcontrollers etc.
" I have EPROM/FLASH starting at address X and (S)RAM starting at
address Y. Is this supported? "
- Yes. TurboLocator can put your code/fixed data segments and variable data
segments to any (split) memory configuration below the 1MB 16bit x86 limit.
- Memory above 1MB of course has to be addressed by yourself.
Example x86 Board (NEC V25):
Xellsoft Custom Software
Xellsoft SynchronEX Backup
& Turbo-Sniper eBay Sniping & Automation Tool